New Track - Points vs Time?? Help!

Debates and discussions on the various race scheduling methods that can be used and their fairness and accuracy in determining the winners.
clemsontigerfanatic
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: New Track - Points vs Time?? Help!

Post by clemsontigerfanatic »

How many men would pay $150 to watch a time trial this summer if that was what the Coca Cola 600 in Charlotte was? We had over 100 people at our Pack race last Saturday.

How would we know just how good Snuffleupagalus is without a timer?

If you you use a timer it helps to have a big projection screen and a loud speaker where you can announce the current leaders. At least thats how they do it our District Race.

After watching both timers and elimination head to head from Scouts and RA's, I personally liked whichever one my son was winning :lol:

No really the head to head is more fun to watch. But timers are where we can learn.
glaforge
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by glaforge »

Ahhhhh, now I see.

While I understand your position. I don't necesarily agree that asking for consistency is too high a stanard for the boys. Of the top 4 racers, 3 of them managed to do it.

If the fourth car fell out because of damage by a race official, then a quick call to Council by one of the officails asking to send one additional boy would certainly be in line.

PS. I'm impressed that you could remember all the positions that the cars came in....I can't even remember three things when I get to the grocery store :)
Greg
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

glaforge wrote:If the fourth car fell out because of damage by a race official, then a quick call to Council by one of the officails asking to send one additional boy would certainly be in line.
I've received that call. It would open a grand can of worms, creating far more problems than it would solve.
glaforge wrote:PS. I'm impressed that you could remember all the positions that the cars came in....I can't even remember three things when I get to the grocery store
Neither can I, but that is a different skill! :)
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"