Scale Drawings

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
Colibri
Pine Head
Pine Head

Scale Drawings

Post by Colibri »

I have a question. I am looking for web site where I can download line drawings of scale cars. I’m looking for drawings that would have three or more views. Does anyone know where to go?
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Scale Drawings

Post by Darin McGrew »

Colibri wrote:I have a question. I am looking for web site where I can download line drawings of scale cars. I?m looking for drawings that would have three or more views. Does anyone know where to go?
This isn't quite what you asked about, but...

Several years ago, one of the dads brought in a library book that showed pictures of classic automobiles. Each page included five photos: top view, left profile, right profile, front view, and rear view. The photos matched the size of a derby car very well, to the point that some of us wondered whether the authors had planned it that way. Sorry, but I don't remember the name, author, or publisher.

Anyway, if you can find photos or line drawings, then a photocopier with a zoom feature can easily adjust them to the size needed for a derby car. Actually, a photocopy is better anyway, since you can use it as a template by cutting it out and taping it to the block.
Mike Parrish
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Mike Parrish »

I have been looking for electronic drawings (models) of different types of cars for quite some time, with no luck.
I have designed 2 car bodies (currently working on another one), 3 different wheels, and an axle with the help of cad software.
If you have a way to read cad files, I am more than happy to share.
I don't have my website up yet to download from, but I can e-mail if interested. :thumbup:
Race Fast-
Mike Parrish
Parrish Racing
www.derbydayz.com
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Colibri wrote:I have a question. I am looking for web site where I can download line drawings of scale cars. I’m looking for drawings that would have three or more views. Does anyone know where to go?
You can try the design templates at Pinewood Derby Supersite at http://www.simplyweb.net/bosworth/template.htm. They mostly have just the side view, though some have a top view. I printed all of them off and put it in a binder which I make available at all of our workshops. It gives the kids some design ideas, if they have no clue on what they want to make.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.