Need help spreading the word of an upcoming Race

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
Rick Laton
Pine Head
Pine Head

Need help spreading the word of an upcoming Race

Post by Rick Laton »

I didn't know which Forum to put this under so I'm putting it in both.

Hey guys. Our church is sponsoring a race on June 23rd (Saturday) in New London, North Carolina. Our goal is to raise money for two Mission Trips that the church will be taking this summer. One is to the Ukraine and the other is to Jamaica. Entry fee is a $10 donation to the mission trip. It will be basically an "Outlaw" race although that is not the intent. We don't feel like we can get that many people to build a new car for the event so our goal is to make the rules where almost all cars built for the Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts/Awana/Royal Ambassador Races in the last 50 years will be LEGAL. Rules will basically be to have weight, length, height & clearance the same and everything else goes. Any type of wheel, any type of axle will be permitted as long as it is gravity propelled. No bearings or washers will be permitted either. If there is a large turnout, we may group cars by type but otherwise they will all run together. If anyone is local to the area or knows of contact numbers for those that would be local please post them or call me @ 704-791-3085. Thanks in advance.

Oh yea, 32" Aluminum Pseudo? (You know the one) track. 4 lanes. Will run each lane at least once, maybe twice depending on # of entries. Electronic timers.

Anyone wanna race????

Warp !!! I want a REMATCH !!!!

Rick Laton