Four on the floor rail rider thoughts

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Four on the floor rail rider thoughts

Post by gpraceman »

sporty wrote:I'm not sure how much more I'm able 2 help. Esp. With the lag. I have still in typeing on here thru my phone.
Are you sure that the Tapatalk app on your phone is up to date? If you continue to have problems with that app, you can try using a web browser.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Nelvis
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Nelvis »

Well it sounds like we will be sticking with negative cant and slight toe out on the barely touching NDFW. However in the interest of pinewood science does anyone see any drawbacks to trying positive cant with slight toe out on the barely touching NDFW? The only concern I can think of is making sure the fronts don't pinch the rail. Maybe we will try it for the adult/sibling race.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

Maybe that would run the wheel up the axle and you'd end up with a 3 wheel rail rider. I doubt it would be helping the DFW. Give it a try. All you have to do is turn the axle.