Tuf-Glide Lube

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tuf-Glide Lube

Post by gpraceman »

Not sure if anyone has tried this lube for PWD. I came across it in one of the RC heli forums. I like the fact that it ends up being a dry film lube. Maybe an alternative for those with "dry lube only" rules.

http://www.sentrysolutions.com/mm5/merc ... gory_Code=
TUF-GLIDE penetrates hard to reach areas and displaces water. It provides cleaning, rust protection and lubrication. Pure mineral spirits carries the active ingredients and provides cleaning action. It quickly evaporates, and Sentrys proprietary ingredients bond to the surface. The bonding ensures long-lasting effectiveness, and reliable dirt free performance.

TUF-GLIDEs waterproof protection will not wash off and will not thicken in the cold (even down to -40°F/-40°C). It is dry to the touch so will not attract dirt like oil-based products, nor does it leave a slippery film like silicone. It is safe to use on wood and most plastics.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Pinewood Daddy
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Tuf-Glide Lube

Post by Pinewood Daddy »

I bought it 2 or 3 years ago. Never tried it. My PWD career ended this past spring (son crossed over to Boy Scouts). For sale if anyone wants it.