Read Your Rules

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
twojakes
Pine Head
Pine Head

Read Your Rules

Post by twojakes »

I really appreciate the informative posts found here, and find that the people in this forum encourage legal and ethical racing. Many of the "how to" texts on the Internet begin with a very basic warning that many may overlook. It reads something like "read your rules before applying any of the following tips/methods to see if they are allowed."

At our Pack race this weekend, 2 out of the 4 fastest cars were disqualified from receiving trophies because of illegal wheel modifications (they still let the kids run their cars). The fathers had shaved down the wheels far, far beyond the "light sanding" specified by our Pack's rules (both had sanded far through the molding mark and all the dimples around the outer edge were completely sanded off).

I know there are a lot of forum users who are working hard on these cars with their children, and who enjoy the extra bonding time with their children. I cannot imagine how a father must feel to have to tell his child "sorry, you can't win/race because of something Dad did to your car."

I've seen it posted as a warning before, but it really is worth noting: read your rules.