How Low Is Too Low?

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
mehiggins101
Journeyman
Journeyman

How Low Is Too Low?

Post by mehiggins101 »

My son and I built a test car that has ground clearance of a hair over 3/8" and standard wheelbase, but the 2" nose measured from the axles to tip. My question is will the nose rub during the transition from banked to flat?
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: How Low Is Too Low?

Post by Vitamin K »

mehiggins101 wrote:My son and I built a test car that has ground clearance of a hair over 3/8" and standard wheelbase, but the 2" nose measured from the axles to tip. My question is will the nose rub during the transition from banked to flat?
I think you should be fine. The cars we sent to Mid-America last year to run on their Best Track had a 4 1/2" wheelbase with the rears flush with the back of the car. Your nose would be only a tiny bit longer.

Of course, if you're running on a track with a gentler curve like a Microwizard, I think it's a non-issue altogether.
mehiggins101
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: How Low Is Too Low?

Post by mehiggins101 »

Thanks. Our pack has a wooden track, but the districts are often on an aluminum track.