So I sprayed my axels with duport chain saver...

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
Sleestak
Pine Head
Pine Head

So I sprayed my axels with duport chain saver...

Post by Sleestak »

The spray doesnt fan out in a mist it comes out in a stream. The axels look terrible from getting blasted with a heavy stream. Big globs of the dupont chain saver on axels. It is supposed to be like this then I wipe off after it dries or should I have sprayed some on a flat surface dipped brush in and painted it on????
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: So I sprayed my axels with duport chain saver...

Post by whodathunkit »

Sleestak wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:34 pm The spray doesnt fan out in a mist it comes out in a stream. The axels look terrible from getting blasted with a heavy stream. Big globs of the dupont chain saver on axels. It is supposed to be like this then I wipe off after it dries or should I have sprayed some on a flat surface dipped brush in and painted it on????
Sleestak,
Dupont chain saver is a dry wax that sticks to the axle from the sounds of things you must have a very bad batch in the can.. or you need to shake it up some more.

If your running oil lubes .. I would look at changing to something different like the max pro heavy duty silicone spray.. it's closer to the jigaloo silicone spray.
Just let it dry for 15 min on the axle before installing wheels.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
Sleestak
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Sleestak »

The problem in it doesn't come out like spray paint to coat evenly. This is for chains so it some out in a stream. I sprayed the axel but whwn a stream of spray hits it there is no way to get a nice coat.
I wiped it all off and will use nothing.

I was told if running oil use this. If running graphite use pledge as no one can find jog a loo anymore. It really isnt going to matter. She is going to finished 1st.
Loud2ns
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Loud2ns »

Sleestak wrote:.

I was told if running oil use this.
You should ask them how to use it properly. The oil process done right can unlock quite a bit of speed!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

My advice: Ditch the chain-saver and get some Heavy Duty Max-Pro Silicone Spray or 3M Dry-Type Silicone.

If you're insistent on the chain-saver, spray your axles, let the stuff set a bit, then wipe 'em off so you're left with just a thin waxy film.
Sleestak
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Sleestak »

I removed all of it and an going bare axel with oil like last year when she dominated and took 1st. Race Friday. Turn in car thursday. Have to complete car tonight and I have a new problem bugging me.....Ill post it..
davet
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by davet »

Hopefully you did well tonight and qualified for Districts.
Use 3M Dry-Type silicone from NAPA.
The purpose of the silicone is to shed the oil. Without it the oil hangs up between the axle and the wheel bore. Very little oil is needed with the wax in the wheel bore and the silicone in the axle.