outlaw car questions

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
TDirks
Apprentice
Apprentice

outlaw car questions

Post by TDirks »

Hello, new here but have followed for quite a while. I am thankful for the knowledge I have picked up on this site.
I am helping my Brother build an outlaw car for his church AWANA Grand Prix. Very few rules but the car cannot be propelled. I have made a body and given to him to paint. It is 8" long with a weight of 7 1/2 oz. Right now the COG is 7/16". My question is if the normal parameters for cog, weight on DFW, etc. would apply to a car like this? Thanks.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: outlaw car questions

Post by Eagle »

Sounds like you are on the right track.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

:welcome: TDirks!

You must race under different Awana rule set's for the Outlaw that are relaxed. ( very few rules you said.)

In most Awana clubs iv raced in the car rule set for the outlaws.. can be no longer the 7 in .. And 5 oz in weight like the regular cars. ( for the 6th graders That is .)
Don’t know of your rules .. but I hope you :rules: and that specifications you have built the car to will apply for your outlaw race .
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
TDirks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TDirks »

Yes am quite sure about the rules. Last year a car was raced that weighed over a lb. It didn't want to stop!
I guess I was wondering that if with approx. 2 1/2 more oz. it might be wise to have the cog a little farther foreward.