Gospel Message Ideas

Ideas and discussions on presenting the Gospel at Church sponsored races.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gospel Message Ideas

Post by gpraceman »

Michael Lastufka's Grand Prix Racing site has a page called A Race Worth Winning that has some good ideas for a Gospel Message during the race intermission.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Wes
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Gospel Message Ideas

Post by Wes »

For Awana Grand Prix, the Gospel message is one of the main reasons the event is held. This should not be a quick, slap-dash thing.

In our scheme of things, the Awana Grand Prix has several purposes:

1. Provide a high-quality family event.

2. Provide an event where Dads and Moms can work directly with the kids in preparation for the Grand Prix (car building). However, this presents a problem for single-parent kids - no Dad and Mom is pre-occupied with earning a living and running a family - so Awana leaders have to provide the car-building assistance for the younger kids.

3. Get a chance to meet the kid's Moms and Dads in a non-threatening social situation

4. Present the Gospel to non-Churched Dads and Moms that simply drop off the kid at Awana and leave.

Item #4 should be a key focus. Awana is all about snatching souls from Hell. I have read studies that indicate that, on average, a person must hear the Gospel 90+ times before they accept Jesus Christ as their Savior. (We can argue about the number of times, but the key is that it generally takes more than once). For many, the Grand Prix Gospel message is another presentation in this requisite number. But, for some, it may be the relevant application that makes the Gospel real and causes a repentant heart to turn to the Lord.

The key thing to remember in all evangelical efforts: Our job is not to be successful – that is the job of the Holy Spirit (John 16:7-11) – our job is to be faithful. Each of us can do that.

You can find more Gospel messages at the How to Organize a Grand Prix website at http://www.artofinvention.biz/Organize/index.htm.

[Edited by gpraceman - Removed content that seemed more like advertising]
dave4him
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by dave4him »

gpraceman wrote:Michael Lastufka's Grand Prix Racing site has a page called A Race Worth Winning that has some good ideas for a Gospel Message during the race intermission.
"God is not the author of confusion but of peace," I Cor. 14:33a

This verse came to mind when trying to follow the link for 'The Race Worth Winning' gospel messages ideas and suggestions-- :shock:
If anyone finds the web page, please post it. :pray:
David L. Barnes
"Reaching boys and girls with the Gospel of Christ, to train them to serve Him"
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

dave4him wrote:
gpraceman wrote:Michael Lastufka's Grand Prix Racing site has a page called A Race Worth Winning that has some good ideas for a Gospel Message during the race intermission.
"God is not the author of confusion but of peace," I Cor. 14:33a

This verse came to mind when trying to follow the link for 'The Race Worth Winning' gospel messages ideas and suggestions-- :shock:
If anyone finds the web page, please post it. :pray:
That web page is now at http://www.lastufka.net/lab/cars/html/win.htm
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
dave4him
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by dave4him »

Thanks Randy
We ran our Used Car Grand Prix tonight with 29 Sparks and 33 T&T-- :tellme: -on one TRACK! We just ran half the heats to get it done in an hour. Observing the fun by all tonight, I think I'd better order plenty of car kits for our Trophy race in Jan. :wink:

GPRM is the best - :dance:
David L. Barnes
dave4him
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by dave4him »

Wes said:
You can find more Gospel messages at the How to Organize a Grand Prix website at http://www.artofinvention.biz/Organize/index.htm.
That link is broken, here's the one I found: http://www.artofinvention.biz/Organize/ ... ssages.htm

There's a good, simple message that uses the colors of the race flags that I liked. To help with the visual, I ordered a small flag set, seven flags, 3" x 5", with a Nascar logo stand for $20.95, (that covered shipping too). I got it from http://www.racelinedirect.com/ Product code 2391

I hope I'm not in violation of this forum with these links to products :oops:
David L. Barnes
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

dave4him wrote:I hope I'm not in violation of this forum with these links to products :oops:
Not unless they are your products. If that were the case, then it would be more appropriate to place them in the Derby Products and Services forum.
Randy Lisano

nosam116
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by nosam116 »

I love the hidden car in the bag trick and will be trying it at my first Pinewood talk.
Wish me luck!
Each day is a good race day!