Church PWD

Ideas and discussions on presenting the Gospel at Church sponsored races.
engineer101
Apprentice
Apprentice

Church PWD

Post by engineer101 »

Good Morning Group

I am in the process of setting up a monthly PWD for our church and am looking for some assistance in accomplishing this. we want to do this to give the youth a character building activity by hoping to get the children and their parents doing something together and have fun at the same time.

I have built a home made two lane track that we use on our annual Community day which goes over very well.

I am open to any suggestions.

:D :arrow:
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Church PWD

Post by Darin McGrew »

Monthly?! Why monthly? If we tried a monthly derby, then we'd always be in "derby season". We spend the month before the derby in workshops helping the kids build their cars.

How much support are you planning to provide (workshops, access to tools, sandpaper, paint, etc.)? Are you expecting the kids to fine-tune their previous cars, or to build new ones each month?
Randy and Son
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Church PWD

Post by Randy and Son »

Darin McGrew wrote:Monthly?! Why monthly?
I agree. In fact that's the first thing out of my mouth before I read your post.

As much fun as we have with it, I would think twice a year would be plenty. Once in Spring another in Fall. Too much other stuff going on in the summer. Actually for us, Fall would be kind of iffy. Maybe Winter and Spring?

Randy