2000 Registered Users!
I originally started Derby Talk to help other racers and race coordinators out, especially the novice ones. When I got involved in this type of racing, you had to hunt around various derby websites to glean the "secrets" to making a fast or good looking car (or both). You also had to dig around on tips on running a fair and fun race. Now, at Derby Talk we have an active community of people, at all experience levels, that are sharing knowledge and experiences, trying new things, and debating others.
I know that we have helped many kids (and their adult partners) build more competitve cars, learn more about the physics of it all, and enjoy spending time together building their cars. One such success story was MOMDerby, a mom of 4, helping her son to build a better car, which ultimately won 1st place in his pack. See http://derbytalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=2169.
Are there other members that would like to share how Derby Talk has helped them?
Here's some interesting Derby Talk stats for you:
Board Established: June 19, 2003
Number of Topics: 2361
Number of Posts: 21982
Avg Posts Per Day: 16.45 (of course, this sport is very seasonal so it is much higher during derby season)
Avg Topics Per Day: 1.77 (ditto)
Avg Users Per Day: 0.75 (ditto)
Most Users Ever Online: 151
Top 5 Most Active Topics
1. 242 replies - alignment and 3-wheelers
2. 114 replies - Ebay cars
3. 101 replies - kit cars - not eBay but is it really different!
4. 78 replies - Best or Freedom?
5. 74 replies - New Graphite Comparisons
Top 5 Most Viewed Topics
1. 32145 views - alignment and 3-wheelers
2. 28473 views - Ebay cars
3. 18518 views - Best or Freedom?
4. 17523 views - kit cars - not eBay but is it really different!
5. 15762 views - Mini, i.e. affordable, hobby lathe?
Top 5 Posters
1. Stan Pope - 2299 posts
2. gpraceman - 1359 posts
3. Teeeman - 698 posts
4. Darin McGrew - 568 posts
5. Stephen's Dad - 430 posts