Need new site logo

Forum news and general announcements.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Need new site logo

Post by Vitamin K »

The car in number 13 look a little bit familiar to anybody else? ;)
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Good catch. At least that person can draw. Minalutovac just finds clipart on the web and slaps it together. I found parts of two of his designs while surfing PWD images.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Entry 25 is a bit too much like 21

Entry 27 is original, but just doesn't quite excite me
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
rcmoeur
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by rcmoeur »

I really don't like any of the ones I've seen. None of them seem to capture the experience of a boy (with help from a parent if needed) turning a block of plain wood into a fun fast car. It also doesn't help that I can only see 16 of the entries, no matter how many times I click the "see more entries" button.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

The submission period for entries is over. I've culled the 46 entries down to my top 6. Now, I need input from forum members on which you like best. Vote on your top 3 designs at http://www.derbytalk.com/viewtopic.php? ... 283#p78283
rcmoeur wrote:I really don't like any of the ones I've seen. None of them seem to capture the experience of a boy (with help from a parent if needed) turning a block of plain wood into a fun fast car. It also doesn't help that I can only see 16 of the entries, no matter how many times I click the "see more entries" button.
None of them quite embody the PWD experience. Most of the designers that submitted entries are from foreign countries, so that can explain some of it. So, we are left to choose a design that at least looks cool. Though, I can ask the design winner to make reasonable modifications to his/her design, so maybe we can get closer to ideal.
Randy Lisano