VERY DISAPPOINTED

Commercial tracks.
provo61
Apprentice
Apprentice

VERY DISAPPOINTED

Post by provo61 »

Our Pack talked about purchasing a new track last year.... After much research we found one we liked at PIANTEDOSI OAR CO. Our order was placed on 12/08/05 via credit card to speed things up. I talked to Gary from P O C and he said our track should arrive by 1/10/06... On 1/11/06 I called to be told he was looking at our track and it would be shipped 1/13/06. Well just talked to to find out our track is still sitting in his shop and he is waiting for part to finish it. Our derby is next Friday 1/27/06 ... we wanted to work out all the bugs with the timer gate/ software that we received 7 weeks ago when we ordered EVERYTHING... I can't even of the disappointed reaction on our scout face when tell them our Pinewood Derby was cancelled because we were lied to !!!!! BUYER BEWARE
michael4262
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: VERY DISAPPOINTED

Post by michael4262 »

I feel your pain Provo ..... There is a previous thread discussion about Best versus Freedom that got pretty lively over the last couple of months on this issue. :?

It boiled down to communication for us ... really, miscommunication over a 3 month period. Have you cancelled your order or are you giving them a chance to get you your track next week?

If you stick with Piantedosi, I would recommend the Microwizard K series timer as there is a customized finish line plate and starting gate attachment that Piantedosi can provide.

Hope you don't really have to cancel your derby. :cry:
- Mike
dave4him
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by dave4him »

provo61 wrote:After much research we found one we liked at PIANTEDOSI OAR CO.
Our derby is next Friday 1/27/06
Sorry about your problem, Piantedosi is trying to work out theirs after they got behind due to aluminum supplier. (Check thread: http://derbytalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=1209&start=45 for details)

One bit of encouragement I can offer is this; we just purchased a new Freedom and it was ready to race out of the box. The seams and joints were flawless. It is still possible to have your derby even though it will be close. Setting up the laser start didn't take too long. They included parts for my MicroWizard start gate with the track.
It is frustrating though because we always want time to test and re-test, which is normal for a pinehead - :wink:

TIP: Have a table and carpenter square (or something simular) available when putting together the lanes. Letting one end hang over the end of the table helps when applying the lane coupling plates.

Good luck and I hope things go well.
David L. Barnes
"Reaching boys and girls with the Gospel of Christ, to train them to serve Him"
Watch-out-for-that-frog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Watch-out-for-that-frog »

I started that other thread. One point you may have missed, THEY MADE MORE THEN GOOD! They were late BUT we hit our mark and I can say this track is BEYOND the best choice. LET THEM KNOW NOW YOU HAVE TO HAVE IT bet they get it to you in time. Do not fret 3 guys a few allen wrenches on screw guns and your racing in an hour. ;)

I have done a couple of demos and a full blown derby already with 5 more races and a multi district derby / demo coming up in the next 45 days. The lanes are so eavenly matched, I am shocked how fast the track is.

Our track is so good that I have three other packs going to buy Freedom Tracks!
Last edited by Watch-out-for-that-frog on Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smooth Sailing,
Karlton
Former Pack Master of Pinewood Disaster
Watch-out-for-that-frog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Where are you located? I am in Southern California. If you are semi close I can bring our Freedom 6 lane track to help you out.
Smooth Sailing,
Karlton
provo61
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by provo61 »

Good morning all still haven't hear a word from Gary about our track.... We are located in the Midwest a little distance from California but THANKS for the offer.... VERY GENEROUS OF YOU
WarpSpeedINC
Merchant
Merchant

Post by WarpSpeedINC »

I know it is frustrating, but It will be there in time.
I know they have been through some parts vendor problems as of late, and it has put them a little behind this season. But it is a VERY nice product (the best), especialy with the new stop section, and worth the wait!
Take care!

Warp Speed
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing!
Watch-out-for-that-frog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

I looked at this way the track is going to be around LONG after I depart so a few days or weeks in the grand scope of things is no big deal.

He got us ours JUST in time, I KNOW he lost money on the track because of the rush shipping but he Stood Tall. The BEST in my book.

Can you set your derby back a week or so? It should not be that big of a deal.
Smooth Sailing,
Karlton
ronin718
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by ronin718 »

After looking at the number of posts in this forum about delayed/late deliveries, how can anyone ask "what about moving your race back"? The company offers up the delivery date, not the customer. Why should the customer be expected to make all of the concessions?

Seriously, if I were looking at purchasing a track and saw this company's pathetic track record for on-time delivery as reflected in these forums, I'd be thinking 3-4 times before doing business with them.
Watch-out-for-that-frog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Then you would be very short sighted and you would end up with less then second best. If you order a limited production item such as a pinewood derby track expect the unexpected because it is a LIMMITED production CUSTOM item.

After running races on our track and yes I was yelling loud on this very forum about poor communications I WOULD ORDER WITH NO HESATATION what so ever, the quality is that much better then any other track I have looked at.
Smooth Sailing,
Karlton
ronin718
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by ronin718 »

On race day, which track is better... the #1 track sitting in the manufacturer's warehouse, or the #2 track surrounded by boys screaming their lungs out as the cars are racing? A top-quality track doesn't do anyone any good if it isn't there for the race.

Frog... your argument is similar to the mindset American automakers used to have regarding their products. Now who is #1? It certainly isn't the "my product, my timetable" U.S. manufacturer.
campcrafter
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by campcrafter »

Provo

I feel your pain! :x
I am in the same boat. Was told Monday 1/23 that our track shipped last Fri 1/20 and the part they were waiting on shipped Monday UPS 3 day and should all be here by Thursday. I sure hope so. Our Derby is Friday 1/27 also.

Hate to spend $500+ and not be able to use the new track because it wasn't here in time. I too was told it would be "no problem" getting it here in time back in December.

I believe it must be a good product - However I think Gary could have done better in repsonding to email inquiries and the phone. (Lots of busy signals - lots of others wanting to know where their track is?)

Still I am excited and eagerly awaitng its arrival.
Last edited by campcrafter on Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
campcrafter
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by campcrafter »

Provo

Have you received your track yet?
Watch-out-for-that-frog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

I will say it once more Gary spent more money on the shipping to get us our track for our first derby then we bought the track for. He may not be the great communicator but he makes the best tracks.
Smooth Sailing,
Karlton
campcrafter
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by campcrafter »

K

I am sure it will be a fantastic product, but you know the frustration.

And it doesn't take much to reply to an email - you don't even have to talk to the person.

It doesn't take a great communicator - that's just good business and common etiquette.

I just want to know if the product will be here - so that if it isn't , we can make other arrangements before the last minute.