Extending Our Aluminum Track/ Need track sections.

Commercial tracks.
Rainman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Extending Our Aluminum Track/ Need track sections.

Post by Rainman »

Our Pack has an aluminum 2 lane track, which was purchased 4 to 5 years ago. I would like purchase a couple of extra track sections to lengthen it.

Each aluminum 2 lane track section is actually 2 single lanes, held together with a piece of aluminum angle and a bolt. the head of the bolt fits in a channel on each section, the aluminum angle slips over the bolt, the nut tightens every thing up. At the end ove each track section, it has pins that slide into the next section.

I have no idea who is the maker of the track. I can email pictures if it might help.

Jeff
Rainman40475@yahoo.com
Part of Richmond KY Pack 376. Midland Trail District.
TAL
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Extending Our Aluminum Track/ Need track sections.

Post by TAL »

I'm not really familiar with best track about the bolt thing, But best track does use pins at the ends of each section , so try www.besttrack.com
Ricerocket00
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Ricerocket00 »

Rainman wrote:Our Pack has an aluminum 2 lane track, which was purchased 4 to 5 years ago. I would like purchase a couple of extra track sections to lengthen it.

Each aluminum 2 lane track section is actually 2 single lanes, held together with a piece of aluminum angle and a bolt. the head of the bolt fits in a channel on each section, the aluminum angle slips over the bolt, the nut tightens every thing up. At the end ove each track section, it has pins that slide into the next section.

I have no idea who is the maker of the track. I can email pictures if it might help.

Jeff
Rainman40475@yahoo.com
Sure sounds like a Best Track track. Upload or email me a couple of photos to be sure. They are great to work with. I recently extended my 35' track to 42'. Now if I just had a 42' long place to set it up!!! :lol: :lol:
Packdude
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Packdude »

Are you using electronics? If so, check the lengths of your cables before you make it longer. It would be a shame to add 10-12 feet to your track and then realize your cables are now 2 ft too short.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Packdude wrote:Are you using electronics? If so, check the lengths of your cables before you make it longer. It would be a shame to add 10-12 feet to your track and then realize your cables are now 2 ft too short.
Of course, you don't have to put the new section before the finish line. It could be inserted after the finish line for a longer slow down section. With a shorter start to finish line distance, it increases the odds of the slower cars at least being able to cross the finish line and helps the faster cars slow down enough that they are not trying to fly off the end of the track (or crash into some rigged stop gap barrier).
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.