Brand of track ?

Commercial tracks.
Doug-in-the-woods
Pine Head
Pine Head

Brand of track ?

Post by Doug-in-the-woods »

Our cub scout pack purchased an aluminium track w/ an order of finish finish line.
Track was purchased from scout shop or scout catalog in 2002
how can one determin what brand so more track can be bought.
havn't seen any brand name on it??
Hoping someone purchased same??
Mr. Slick
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Brand of track ?

Post by Mr. Slick »

I have lots and really love it! Currently have two 6 lane 8 section tracks and some test tracks too!

The track that was sold by the local scout stores is still available via the on-line ordering or via a special order via your local store.
The URL is: http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/Ite ... tem=769ATP

Or go to Scoutstuff.org and search for "Track" and it should come up.

OR if you are on a budget and want to be "thrifty" you can check out the track at www.BetaCrafts.com -- I have some from both sources. BetaCraft has been a long time manufacturer for the BSA. They were the original Pwd Kit supplier and PWD Semi-truck supplier. They still have the original style kits available! Their track sections are around $15 per piece and their shipping is very reasonable. I've ordered track from them several times since the local BSA store no longer stocks the track sections.

The Challenger Track design that I use is the fastest track that I have found -- I use a 8 section track and all of the cars are doing a great job of making it to the end -- unlike any of the other track designs where typical packs start to have some car problems once they get towards 50 feet.
Mr. Slick says: Honey, I am doing this for the kids, not myself.