Market for used tracks

General track discussions.
jeffd
Pine Head
Pine Head

Market for used tracks

Post by jeffd »

Well i am sure someone would want one - but our pack just purchased a 4 lane track from bestttrack. We now have an old wooden track (4 lane - maybe 35' long) and no real use for it.
We dont want to use it for firewood - but i also realize a fairly used wooden track wouldnt have the greatest resale value.

How can you determine a fair price?

If it were up to my son - we would have it set up in the living room year--round and racing every day. He LOVES building the car and racing them. I am very fortunate to be able to share the time with him doing something we both have fun doing.
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Market for used tracks

Post by Go Bubba Go »

You could keep an eye on eBay, you will see one listed there periodically.

If I were in your shoes, I would contact your local District or Council office to see if they know of any Packs that are "in need" and would accept such a contribution.

Depending on the budget condition of your own Pack, I might then list it on eBay with a reserve that I thought was a fair price. If it sells, OK. If not, donate it.

Just a couple thoughts...

Bubba
"Who's Grandpa's neighbor?"... Phil Davis, Down and Derby
Derby Dad for 3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Derby Dad for 3 »

jeffd wrote:We dont want to use it for firewood - but i also realize a fairly used wooden track wouldnt have the greatest resale value.

Hard to say, but I agree with Bubba, the consideration of donating it to a pack in need. Let them know you have a track for anyone willing to come pick it up. :) Or, for a $50 donation to your pack, take it home to your "war room". Sure would make your son happy. :D
TAL
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by TAL »

jeffd wrote:
I would start with the price that it would cost for lumber and materials to construct the track.

Then figure man hours, Lots of hours go into the construction of a track.

Shipping wood and bolts is probably more costly than the materials it self would cost.

Have an in-pack or in-district auction.

Or just simply make a donation to the pack Take the sucker home rip it into 2 2 lanes if possible and make a 2 lane 70 footer that can easily be stored in the attic or garage.

Who says you have to set the whole 70 foot up.

2 lane 30 footer makes a great test track ; better than nothing.