Test track from [no advertising for this vendor].com any good?

Commercial tracks.
DerbyDoDo
Pine Head
Pine Head

Test track from [no advertising for this vendor].com any good?

Post by DerbyDoDo »

Hi,

Has anyone ever seen or used the test track sold at [no advertising for this vendor].com? I was wondering if it is flimsy like a hotwheels track or okay? I need atleast a 20 foot test track.

Here is the link to their track.

http://www.[no advertising for this vendor].com/practice-track.htm

Thanks!
psycaz
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Test track from [no advertising for this vendor].com any good?

Post by psycaz »

I beleive that this is the same stuff they sell at the scout stores.

We bought some. I seems ok. You only get enough connectors to do 4 joints. So if you were to buy two sets, you would only end up with a 18' track not 20'.

Ours always seemed to bend in the middle of each section of track. It does work nice to rock a car back and forth to break in graphite though.
DerbyDoDo
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by DerbyDoDo »

I think I'm going to build my own wooden test track with a sheet of plywood and parts. This looks a little bit like an oversized hotwheels track. :D I really want to see the full speed of the car at 32 ft which our pack track is. I can also justify the work on the track since I have another son getting ready to be a tiger next year. So thats 5 more years in scouting. I'll post pics when I begin this week.

Thanks
Hurly64
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Hurly64 »

Speaking from experience, one can learn alot about the car by running it at half-speed.(place the car halfway or less than that up the ramp). You can really see how the car behaves that way-where it rubs, etc. Fine tune it, then run at full speed.