Super Site track plans

DIY tracks.
azgreg
Journeyman
Journeyman

Super Site track plans

Post by azgreg »

Has anyone used the plans from the Pinewood derby Super Site?

http://home.simplyweb.net/bosworth/track_plans.htm

I'm getting ready to build a track and some of the files are damaged and cannot be retrieved from the site. I tried to email Larry Bosworth (site owner), but it states that his email is full. Anyone have the files downloaded to thier computer that would be willing to share with a fellow addict?
Thanks
Greg Houston
MT Pockets
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: Super Site track plans

Post by MT Pockets »

I tried downloading these 2 days ago with the same result. I was also unable to reach Larry. I resolved to searching for another plan. Maybe someone will be able to shed a light...

MT Pockets - [Gene]
ah8tk
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ah8tk »

I have a copy of the plans, PM me and I can send them your way.

I was going to originally build a track, but then I purchased the 20' BestTrack test track. Now I dont need to build one.

Andy
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

It looks like he has moved the site to a new host since I looked at it last. Perhaps he populated the new site with the wrong conversion for the pdf's file type.

It is a shame that the site has less attention now, but that is the nature of personal sites. Wonder what Pope's Place will look like a year after I'm buried or I take up some new all-absorbing hobby? :(
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
azgreg
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by azgreg »

I would'nt worry Stan. I'm sure that the Smithsonian will take your site over.
:D
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

azgreg wrote:I would'nt worry Stan. I'm sure that the Smithsonian will take your site over.
:D
Hah! Hey, Martha, where's my boots??? It is getting pretty deep in here! :)

Best bet is that Google keeps the latest image of many pages. Hmmm ... "Google, the 21st Century Smithsonian"

Searching for some specific URL's using the format "site:url" gave mixed results. Google had "cached" versions of some pages (sans graphics) but not others. They must have a criterion (or several) but I don't see the pattern off hand.

Seriously, I have thought about how such sites which hope to contain useful information can establish "content longevity" akin to what libraries provide. There is a lot of content floating about the I-net that doesn't warrant retention (just as there are volumes of questionable material in my local library), but the "trash ratio" of the two are quite disparate. Not every word I've written is "golden" nor do those quasi-rare exceptions deserve to be preserved at someone else's expense!

There are some special purpose "compendium sites" that appear to be more like corporations than like family businesses.

I beg the moderator's pardon for veering so far from the thread's topic. The situation just seemed so ripe for the diversion.
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
azgreg
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by azgreg »

Andy came through for me on a set of the files. Thanks very much Andy. If anybody neds a set, just let me know.
Last edited by azgreg on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randy and Son
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Randy and Son »

azgreg wrote:Has anyone used the plans from the Pinewood derby Super Site?

http://home.simplyweb.net/bosworth/track_plans.htm

I'm getting ready to build a track and some of the files are damaged and cannot be retrieved from the site.
I was able to download those plans from that site back in late January. So the site was working at least that far back and if anyone wants a copy, I am also willing to send a copy to anyone who wants them.

Randy
gbeutel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by gbeutel »

I am going to build a new track for my cub pack and like some of the features in this plan. Unfortunately, several of the files are still corrupt/missing. I'd certainly appreciate it if someone can share them with me.

Thanks,
Gregg
ah8tk
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ah8tk »

PM me your e-mail address and I can send them your way.