Is this a good deal? Test Track and timer $75

Commercial tracks.
DerbyNut
Pine Head
Pine Head

Is this a good deal? Test Track and timer $75

Post by DerbyNut »

I have someone who has the besttrack #120 test track and a Newbold DT1000 single lane timer. All of this for $75. I have just ordered 4 7.75 foot track plating from Betacrafts to build my own but need a timer anyways for a single lane. They do not sell this timer anymore so I do not know what that alone is worth. The track is like new also.

Thanks!
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Is this a good deal? Test Track and timer $75

Post by FatSebastian »

DerbyNut wrote:I have someone who has the besttrack #120 test track and a Newbold DT1000 single lane timer. All of this for $75.
DN, when we were shopping for a single-lane timer a few years ago, I recall that all were priced more than $100 new. (We ended up going with Timestoppers just because we liked its electro-optical starting-gate switch.) The track you describe retails for $147 currently, plus shipping, so that package sounds like a very good deal if you can also make use of the track (and presuming of course that everything works ;) ).

FYI, here's a recent post referencing a DT1000 auction whose starting bid is $50 (no bids).
psycaz
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by psycaz »

That's a great deal.

Take it.
DerbyNut
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by DerbyNut »

I probably will take it. I really don't have use for the track - it may be useful for checking some of the characteristics of the car but I need to run it longer to make sure. Like I said, I have 4 track plating pieces coming by next week for a single lane test track. I'm sure the NewBold timer will work fine for it. I'll either sell the test track or let my kids play with it.

Thanks!
Sandsled
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Sandsled »

Derbynut - If you don't take it I would like an opportunity to do so or if you take it and keep just the timer perhaps we can work something up for the track.

Is the track local to you?

Me email is jredmond@linesiders.com" target="_blank

Thank you

(btw - I'm originally from Glen Burnie and Pasadena ;) )