Post by Da Graphite Kid »

Now that is EXtreme!

:wow:
PWTom
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: Alternative tracks to "spice up" the District

Post by PWTom »

Mathguy & DGK, most of the cars in the Death Derby were designed specifically for the event, "classic" pinewoods wouldn't stand a chance!! This is an interesting option for boys who don't have the skills/time/patience for speed. You can probably come up with a highly-refined death-racer, but simple brute force may carry you a long way!! Sometimes it appeared that the boys were more interested in seeing parts fly than actually making it to the next round.

Stan, I've lived near the Med Center since moving to Houston in 1980. If you haven't been back in a while, you probably wouldn't recognize the Med Center!! It's huge.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Alternative tracks to "spice up" the District

Post by Stan Pope »

PWTom wrote:Stan, I've lived near the Med Center since moving to Houston in 1980. If you haven't been back in a while, you probably wouldn't recognize the Med Center!! It's huge.
It was pretty big when I left in '68. I was back for a convention in the 70's sometime ... but didn't have opportunity to go stir around the Med Center. I worked in the Baylor College of Medicine building and for part of the time, I worked for Texas Institute for Rehabilitation and Research. 1st daughter was born at St. Lukes. We lived about 5 miles out Holcombe Blvd in Bellaire.

I should go digging around the internet for some current layouts of the med ctr ... see what has changes!

I'm thinking that the med ctr occupied the NE corner of Fannin and Holcombe ... just a few buildings across Fannin.

Okay ... looked at a map! WOW! I can see lots of expansion!
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"