Best Track Leveling Kit Question

Commercial tracks.
hwsjr
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Best Track Leveling Kit Question

Post by hwsjr »

My Pack is considering purchasing one, but I have some questions. We run on two surfaces, either the floor of a new fellowship hall of a church, which is linoleum or a basketball gym floor. Although no floor is exactly level, these are both flat and fairly level. Under these circumstances, is the leveling kit necessary or would it actually make it harder to get the track fairly level since each "foot" would have to be set to the exact same height?
CBirnley
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Best Track Leveling Kit Question

Post by CBirnley »

We use our church gym for our AWANA GP and the leveling kit works great. We also use a long level to ensure that we are somewhat accurate. There are many more experienced folks on this site, so I will be anxious to see what they think. Good Racing...
hwsjr
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by hwsjr »

Any other input on this would be helpful.
azgreg
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by azgreg »

There are alot of guys over at http://www.p-d-d-r.com" target="_blank that have best tracks, ask over there.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

I haven't used their leveling kit, but I think using one is a good idea. It will help in reducing variations from lane to lane. That is especially important if you do not have the racers run down each lane an equal number of times.

I wouldn't worry about the track being level along the length of the track, so much. It is more important to get the track leveled side to side. If there are "hills and valleys" (to a tiny extent, of course) then each lane is seeing the same slopes.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.