GPRM 5.0

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
benebrady
Apprentice
Apprentice

GPRM 5.0

Post by benebrady »

Just had to post a message to let everyone know that we held our Awana Grand Prix race yesterday using GPRM 5.0 and it was totally awesome. We used a Racemaster electronic timer (which the church has tried to use for the past 3 years without success). The 'Hands Free" racing option allowed us to run 103 heats and 4 Grand Final heats in 1 hour 34 minutes, which was pretty cool since this year we had double the entries that we had last year. Everyone was worried we would be there all afternoon after worship service. (would that really have been so bad to spend an afternoon with Christian friends?)

At any rate, GPRM interfaced very smoothly with the RaceMaster timer and it was smooth sailing all afternoon with nary a glitch. The kids were ecstatic, the parents were pleased and everyone had a terrific time (although I admit I probably had the most fun pressing the sound effects buttons in the software whenever we had a mishap on the track!).

Randy's written a great piece of software with a VERY reasonable price. If your church or scout den has been holding off for a free software package, you are simply missing out if you don't seriously consider purchasing GPRM 5.0. Have a car wash, bake sale, or any other way to raise the money to purchase the software. This is one purchase you simply cannot miss out on.

We're all excited about next years race ... 364 days to go!
--
Ben E. Brady
"It's not what you look at that matters... It's what you see." - Henry David Thoreau
(and in the case of Awana Grand Prix, it's the photodetector that is the final judge...)
First Baptist Church of Dinuba, CA
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPRM 5.0

Post by gpraceman »

I am glad that your race went well and the software was a help. :P
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
benebrady
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: GPRM 5.0

Post by benebrady »

gpraceman wrote:I am glad that your race went well and the software was a help. :P
Couldn't have done it without you my friend!
--
Ben E. Brady
"It's not what you look at that matters... It's what you see." - Henry David Thoreau
(and in the case of Awana Grand Prix, it's the photodetector that is the final judge...)
First Baptist Church of Dinuba, CA