Software updates

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
Cory
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Software updates

Post by Cory »

Following a lengthy lull, some software updates can now be found here:

http://pack146.nova.org/pinewood/software.html

Three items of note:

1. I finally posted 32-bit versions of the chart analysis tools. Same functionality, but with a bug fix or two.

2. For those of you who haven't yet purchased one of the fine commercial products that are available, I have posted Yet Another Free Race Manager.

It's a spreadsheet, so you'll need Excel to run it. Various incarnations of it are already in use by some scattered folks.

3. For anyone who already uses PPN.DLL in their race manager, a new version can be found in the archive containing the free race software mentioned above.

This version of the library contains new or improved charts for some car/lane combinations.

It also provides two different chart randomization functions as a new feature. Randomizing is accomplished by setting the value of PPNChartSpec.structVer as follows:

1 - no randomization (backwards compatible with existing implementations)
2 - random reordering of heats
3 - random remapping of car numbers
4 - both 2 & 3

Remapping the car numbers provides very chaotic looking charts.

If you also specify ordering options, the DLL will randomize first and then reorder.

Enjoy.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Software updates

Post by Stan Pope »

Cory wrote:Remapping the car numbers provides very chaotic looking charts.
They may "look" chaotic, but they still satisfy all of the PPN criteria, right?

Silly question, I guess ... since I already know the answer ... Yes! They do satisfy all the PPN chart criteria!!! Good work, Cory! :)
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
Cory
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Software updates

Post by Cory »

Stan Pope wrote:They may "look" chaotic, but they still satisfy all of the PPN criteria, right?

Silly question, I guess ... since I already know the answer ... Yes! They do satisfy all the PPN chart criteria!!! Good work, Cory! :)
I confess to spot-checking a few of them in the Chart Checker, just to make sure. :oops: They do look awfully random, like someone pulled car numbers from a hat to fill the lanes.