RaceReplay Question

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
chipcoder
Apprentice
Apprentice

RaceReplay Question

Post by chipcoder »

I tried the demo version of RaceReplay. It runs and all the screens and menus work, but all I get is a blank window when I try to do live preview or video capture. Has anyone else run into this? I don't have a firewire capable camera, so I'm using a Dazzle video capture unit. Is video display disabled in the demo?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RaceReplay Question

Post by gpraceman »

chipcoder wrote:I tried the demo version of RaceReplay. It runs and all the screens and menus work, but all I get is a blank window when I try to do live preview or video capture. Has anyone else run into this? I don't have a firewire capable camera, so I'm using a Dazzle video capture unit. Is video display disabled in the demo?
Video preview is not disabled at all with the demo. Video capture is limited to 10 video clips with the demo.

Is the device listed in the software setup screen? If so, make sure it is selected.

Are you getting any errors? If so, email me the Error.log file from the program's main directory (C:\Program Files\Lisano Enterprises\RaceReplay, unless you installed elsewhere)

Are you using it with a USB port hub? For our pack race this weekend, I noticed that when using a USB hub, I got no video signal, but when I plugged it directly into one of the laptop ports I got signal. It probably needs a certain amount of power from the port and it wasn't getting it through the hub.

Note: We do not guarantee that it will work with every video capture device. There are some that use a proprietary interface, so only their software will work with it. We do recommend the capture device that we carry, which can also be purchased from CompUSA and maybe even Best Buy and Circuit City.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
chipcoder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: RaceReplay Question

Post by chipcoder »

Randy,

Thanks for the reply.

There was no error log file under that directory, so I assume that no errors were generated.

My Dazzle D90 is plugged directly into the USB port and does show up in RaceReplay. The program allows me to select it as an input device. It could be the stuff under the advanced menu (I get about a million encoder/compressor options) but I'll probably break down and get a video capture device that I know works. I'm looking forward to using this for the race next year if I can get it working.

Thanks