How do they do that?

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

How do they do that?

Post by pack529holycross »

Here is the situation I had... give me some guidance as to how to proceed in the future:

Race Group of 9 racers begins... and 4 heats in one of the parents complains that there is a three wheel rider in the group and our rules stated 4 on the floor. ( omitting discussion about this issue as it is not germain to this post )

Result - we had to restart this group and start from the beginning.

PROBLEM - the software seemingly would not let me go " backwards" for lack of a better word. I tried to "delete" results, and it stated that they could not be deleted until the round was completed. I tried everything I could think of to no avail. I ended up having the starter triggered three more times, with hand swipes to end the heat and get to the end of the round. At that point, it allowed me to delete and re-run the group. Perhaps I was over-thinking the situation, and I am sure you will diret me to the "easy" button. :-)

Nicholas
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How do they do that?

Post by gpraceman »

It may have said that you needed to "restart" that round before deleting the schedule, but you would not have to first complete the round.

In a future update, I will be making it a bit easier to delete out a schedule without first requiring you to do a restart of that round.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.