Question about top speet and slowest speed

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Question about top speet and slowest speed

Post by pack529holycross »

We completed our 2009 Pinewood Derby yesterday and a very odd thing is showing up in the stats. Well.. sort of in the stats.

We do points racing - so all of the stats are then generated accordingly.

( a side bar - we should be able to view and record the elapsed times along with the points for the benefit of the viewers and those builders who would use ET as a central metric for tweaking their cars. I personally don't like that this information isn't shown or available when on the "points" side of the house within the software )

So after I generate all of the stats on the points side of the house, I flip the software to times racing to then pull all the ET's data.

Here is what is odd ( note - we are using a 6 lane track ):

in the grid that shows the number of first place finishes, second, third, etc for each lane, there is a column for DNF's and a column for 7th place... EH? 7th place? I am CERTAIN I am going to get some questions about that.

Thank you in advance for your information about this.

Nicholas

*****************UPDATED**************************

I THINK that i somehow changed the lanes in the setup screen - all better now!
Last edited by pack529holycross on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question about 7th place on a 6 lane track???

Post by gpraceman »

You can email me your data (MDB) file and I can see if I can reproduce the problem. Please ZIP it up or at least change the file extension to something like TXT, so it will get through our virus checker.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by pack529holycross »

A different question - how do I easily pull the fastest and slowest car from the data - for some reason I can't get the reports screen to generate the winner of fastest and slowest car
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

pack529holycross wrote:A different question - how do I easily pull the fastest and slowest car from the data - for some reason I can't get the reports screen to generate the winner of fastest and slowest car
I'm not quite sure what you are referring to. The standings report will show you from 1st place to nth place for the selected race group (or overall, if you select for All groups).
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.