GPRM Help!!

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
chad9229
Pine Head
Pine Head

GPRM Help!!

Post by chad9229 »

I have the latest version of GPRM and am running a mock race. Everything went well until I made it to the Grand Finalist Race. When I go to make a schedule it tells me "There are no racers that have passed inspection yet from the 'Grand Finals' Group." When I click back to the Registration screen they are all checked inspection passed. I have exhausted everything. I am hoping someone has run into this problem also, so they might could help me.

thanks
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPRM Help!!

Post by gpraceman »

Which version of the software are you running? I assume V7, but it seems that you are not running the latest update for that version (latest was 7.0.1515.11).

You can download updates to older versions from our File Archive

The latest update for Version 8 is at http://grandprix-software-central.com/gprm/updates.php
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
chad9229
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by chad9229 »

Works now. Thank you.
chad9229
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by chad9229 »

One more quick question. How do I get the program to recognize my Timer? Its a 3 lane Fast Track timer. It didn't come with a disk.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

chad9229 wrote:One more quick question. How do I get the program to recognize my Timer? Its a 3 lane Fast Track timer. It didn't come with a disk.
In the Hardware Options screen, just set the timer as Fast Track and select the appropriate COM port. If you are using a USB to Serial Adapter, you will need to make sure that you've installed the drivers for the adapter.

A simple communications test is to:
+ Connect the timer to the computer
+ Click on the Start Testing button
+ Unplug the power from the timer, wait a couple of seconds, then plug the power back in
+ If you have communications, you will see a Micro Wizard copyright statement show up in the Timer Data box.

More detailed serial port troubleshooting information is available in the software's help file. You can also give us a call, during business hours, and we can help you with any communications problem you may be having.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Microwizard
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Microwizard »

If you can't figure out what is wrong, you can always call Micro Wizard 24-7 and we will try to troubleshoot it over the phone.
toll free 888 693-3729
cell 859 380-3882
chad9229
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by chad9229 »

Not as easy as I thought. I still can't get the software(Grand Prix Manager) to recognize the Timer. I don't know what port the Timer is connected to. I tried to test in all of the ports and on one of them the timer Details say "Re", and then I got a "*", but it still doesn't recognize the timer. Why is it so difficult? Can't we make this easier? It takes me 5 minutes to hook up a new printer.

We have the starter hooked up, do I have to do something with that also?

The race is tomorrow, I would like to use the timer instead of putting in the points manually. I will be at the church setting up the track tonight and would like to get it hooked up tonight.

Can you guys help me?

Thanks.
blcrow33
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by blcrow33 »

We are running GPRM version 8 with a four lane Fast Track timer. We had no problems at all hooking up to the timer and working correctly.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

chad9229,

Try giving us a call during our business hours and we willhelp you troubleshoot. Our hours and phone are listed at: http://grandprix-software-central.com/contact_us.php
Randy Lisano

chad9229
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by chad9229 »

Called and got it working. We had the derby on Saturday. It worked out great!!! Everyone was real pleased on how smooth it went. Thanks!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

chad9229 wrote:Called and got it working. We had the derby on Saturday. It worked out great!!! Everyone was real pleased on how smooth it went. Thanks!
I am glad that your race went well and the software was a help.
Randy Lisano