Racer Photo at registration

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
jevans
Apprentice
Apprentice

Racer Photo at registration

Post by jevans »

how to use my video camera that i use for race replay to capture photo for registration?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Racer Photo at registration

Post by gpraceman »

jevans wrote:how to use my video camera that i use for race replay to capture photo for registration?
Are you using GrandPrix Race Manager Version 10? I see that you are using a couple of our software products, but I am not sure that you are using GPRM. If you are using GPRM V10, you can use the software to capture your snapshots directly from the video camera or webcam.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
kyoo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by kyoo »

I had the same question.. W/ the latest versions, is this possible?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

kyoo wrote:I had the same question.. W/ the latest versions, is this possible?
The latest versions of GPRM and DerbyDMV allow you to capture snapshots of the racers using a compatible video camera or webcam.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
kyoo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by kyoo »

Is DerbyDMV required, if we don't want to print out the drivers licenses? Is GPRM enough to just get the photo of the car or the registrant? Are there picture fields for both the car and the registrant? I could see wanting both..
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

kyoo wrote:Is DerbyDMV required, if we don't want to print out the drivers licenses? Is GPRM enough to just get the photo of the car or the registrant? Are there picture fields for both the car and the registrant? I could see wanting both..
If you don't want to do driver licenses for the kids or pit passes for the race crew, then GPRM will suffice. You can have one photo per racer currently. That can be of the racer, the car or whatever you like.
Randy Lisano