Can you use GPRM to rank dens?

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
drathbun
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Can you use GPRM to rank dens?

Post by drathbun »

How do you rank dens against each other when there are different numbers of boys in each? Our Bear and Wolf dens are quite large but our Web I den only had four boys race this year.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

drathbun wrote:How do you rank dens against each other when there are different numbers of boys in each? Our Bear and Wolf dens are quite large but our Web I den only had four boys race this year.
Average time
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
rpcarpe
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by rpcarpe »

You read my mind Randy!
Yup, and GPR can spit that all out, can't it?
Last year, we had to do the Math with pen & paper to calculate all the dens' times.

And yes, average time. total race times divided by total racers. Every run by every racer counts.
My wife started a new support group... Widows of the Pinewood Derby.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

rpcarpe wrote:You read my mind Randy!
Yup, and GPR can spit that all out, can't it?
Last year, we had to do the Math with pen & paper to calculate all the dens' times.

And yes, average time. total race times divided by total racers. Every run by every racer counts.
If scoring by Times, GPRM does provide Team Standings reports, computed by average time. Off the top of my head, I do think that it will throw out each racers worst time, if that option was selected in the Software Options screen.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
rpcarpe
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by rpcarpe »

We'll be sure to NOT throw out the worst time and compute out the Team Standings.

Should be fun, since this makes the 2nd year they race den vs den. Race is this Saturday, will post results and hopefully pix.
My wife started a new support group... Widows of the Pinewood Derby.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

rpcarpe wrote:We'll be sure to NOT throw out the worst time and compute out the Team Standings.
That can easily be turned off/on at any time. You can have it on to view the standings for your regular speed awards and turn it off to generate the team standings report.
Randy Lisano