The Judge / Derbymaster/ USB / Vista

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
Derby1973
Apprentice
Apprentice

The Judge / Derbymaster/ USB / Vista

Post by Derby1973 »

Hi,

Our Pack has the Judge timer running on Derby Master which always worked fine until we were forced to switch to the USB port. Running on a Toshiba laptop with Vista, 3 different adapters, one bought directly from the Judge guy. Still will not communicate with the computer. Have spoken directly with both The Judge and Derbymaster and both claim it should work fine. Just wondering if anyone else is running the USB/Judge/Derbymaster/Vista combination or any version or windows for that matter and it works. Or If anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks, Bob
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Judge / Derbymaster/ USB / Vista

Post by gpraceman »

I can't help you on the DerbyMaster side of things, but check out the information relating to USB to Serial Adapters. Most to the timer technical support that I do for my GrandPrix Race Manager software is relating to these adapters. So, you are not alone with having problems with these devices. Fortunately, most of the time the problem is readily resolved.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.