GPRM - 2 Grand Finals == 2 Data Files?

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
birddog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

GPRM - 2 Grand Finals == 2 Data Files?

Post by birddog »

I just recently purchased GPRM and I'm learning the software. I'm hoping that by posting some of my questions here, others in the future that have similar questions will be able to use the search function and find answers I cannot seem to find when I search.

Here's what I want to do:

I want to run Tigers, Wolves, Bears and Webelows each in their own groups. I then plan to advance a certain number from those races to a Grand Finals race that just contains the Scouts. From there, I will award pack championship trophies. We want to run a Grand Finals race with just the scouts to keep the drama high and the focus on the Scouts who advance from the first round of racing.

After the Scouts Grand Finals is completed, I will run 2 more groups. An "Open Youth" group (mainly siblings under 16 years old) and award trophies there. We then will run an "Open Adult" group. I will then run a 2nd Grand Finals round from cars that advance from the Open Youth and Open Adult Groups to determine the overall Open champion.

As far as I can tell, the best way to do this is to create 2 data files. One data file for the Scout groups and the Grand Finals I run there. The second data file for the open groups and the grand finals I run there. I know I can do it this way.

The question is, is that the best way to do it, or is there a way to do it with a single data file? In playing around, I didn't see a way to run 2 grand finals in one data file with different sets of groups.

thanks,

Birddog
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPRM - 2 Grand Finals == 2 Data Files?

Post by gpraceman »

birddog wrote:The question is, is that the best way to do it
Yep. That's the way to do it.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.