GPRM "legacy race" setup

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
PeterT
Pine Head
Pine Head

GPRM "legacy race" setup

Post by PeterT »

We've been using GPRM for the past three years and could not be more happy with how well it has been running!

We run the entire pack as one big race, followed by what we call a "grand finale" where the top three finishers from each den compete for the top three places in the Pack. I understand how to do this in GPRM - and everything has worked great so far in the past.

This year we are reintroducing an old wrinkle. Back in 2005 one of our Cubs took first place at the local district finals. The next year, as a boy scout, he came back to race against the current top two cars in an exhibition race. Part of the fun is showing that the Pack is capable of producing a winner at the district level, the other part of the fun is to give the top current finishers an idea of what they might be up against in a few weeks. That tradition lasted a few years until that car was eventually beat.

Well last year one of our Cubs, now in Boy Scouts, went on to take first place at districts. We would like to bring back that car and have it race against this year's top pack finishers in yet another exhibition race.

What is the best way to do this...?

Can I tell GPRM to take the top two overall finishers from the grand finales and add a third arbitrary car (which had otherwise not participated in the races) and setup a new finale race of just the three cars? (we have a three lane track).

Or would we be better off setting up a new data file, and just quickly adding the two new cars and run this as a completely different event?

thanks-
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPRM "legacy race" setup

Post by gpraceman »

I'd just make up a 2nd data file and adding those few racers.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
PeterT
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: GPRM "legacy race" setup

Post by PeterT »

That's what I figured... I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

thanks-