Any way to tweak Perfect N Scheduling...?

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
PeterT
Pine Head
Pine Head

Any way to tweak Perfect N Scheduling...?

Post by PeterT »

I've been notified by a Webelos II parent that four of the boys in that group may have to leave our Derby early as they have a backetball game. I'm racing the entire pack in one big race with perfect-N scheduling. Is there any way to tweak the system so that races with those four boys happen on the early part of the schedule?

I know I can print the schedule and run the affected races first, however that will confuse both my pit crew and the audience since the "on deck" would be constantly wrong.

Is there a quick way to export the perfect N table generated, move the heats around in the schedule to put those boys on the early side, then import the schedule back in?

I see an excel export feature and a "import a chart" button - is this relatively straightforward? It seems the excel export does not produce a chart in the format that the import chart feature is expecting...?

thanks for any help here!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any way to tweak Perfect N Scheduling...?

Post by gpraceman »

PeterT wrote:Is there a quick way to export the perfect N table generated, move the heats around in the schedule to put those boys on the early side, then import the schedule back in?

I see an excel export feature and a "import a chart" button - is this relatively straightforward? It seems the excel export does not produce a chart in the format that the import chart feature is expecting...?
In the Perfect-N scheduler screen, you can use the Options menu to save the underlying race chart as a CSV file. Open that in Excel, move heats around and save it back as a CSV file. Then you can import it.

Please note, chart numbers and car numbers are not necessarily the same. A race chart will always contain numbers from 1 to the maximum number of racers. Car numbers can be any number above zero and have number gaps. When building the schedule, the software will map the car numbers into the chart number positions.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.