GPRM: Simulated Race?

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

GPRM: Simulated Race?

Post by Vitamin K »

Hey folks,

So (lucky me), I was asked to head up the Pinewood Derby committee for our Pack, and I'm needing to get acquainted with our software (currently, v12 of GPRM).

One thing I was wondering: Is there a way to run a simulated race, without the track attachment? What I'd like to do is load up several groups of cars and have some system to assign random results to each heat, just so I can see how a typical race might go. The only way I can think of doing that now is to put in the numbers for each heat by hand.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPRM: Simulated Race?

Post by gpraceman »

Yes, you can manually enter the results for each heat. There is a Test Data button on the Manual Results screen that will enter pseudo-random results. You should test the software with the timer at your earliest opportunity. You don't need the full track setup to do that, just the timer and associated cabling.

We are up to Version 14, so you might want to consider upgrading.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

Thanks, Randy, I'll try that.

I'm hoping to convince our Pack to purchase an upgrade to the Pro version (I believe that's 20 bucks from v12?), because I think that the Master Scheduling option with the interspersed groups heats would help alleviate boredom from the racers and spectators.
gpraceman wrote:Yes, you can manually enter the results for each heat. There is a Test Data button on the Manual Results screen that will enter pseudo-random results. You should test the software with the timer at your earliest opportunity. You don't need the full track setup to do that, just the timer and associated cabling.

We are up to Version 14, so you might want to consider upgrading.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Vitamin K wrote:I'm hoping to convince our Pack to purchase an upgrade to the Pro version (I believe that's 20 bucks from v12?)
Yes, that is the upgrade cost.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.