RaceReplay background

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
mneemann
Apprentice
Apprentice

RaceReplay background

Post by mneemann »

When I try to add a custom background to RaceReplay it takes a high resolution picture and makes it look very pixelated. Is there a size and quality that we need to use? All I found was 4:3 ratio. Thanks.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RaceReplay background

Post by gpraceman »

Whatever image you use, it should be the same aspect ratio as the video you are recording/playing. Otherwise, the image will be look condensed or stretched in one direction (likely horizontally).

Also, it is best to use an image that is the same size as that you are recording/playing. A really large resolution background image will get shrunk down to the size of the video window and conversely, a too small background image will get stretched to fit.

You can try using software, like Multiple Image Resizer, to resize and crop your background image to the needed size and will likely give you better image quality than RaceReplay could.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RaceReplay background

Post by gpraceman »

With the update that I just posted for Version 5, I did do a bit of tweaking of how the background image is fitted to the screen. Now you don't need to worry about aspect ratio or image size. If the aspect ratio doesn't match, you will see some cropping of the image in the longer dimension. That way you will get the maximum background image size without blank areas showing up.

Give that update a try and see if you get better results.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.