GPRM points/Tie Breaker Rules

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
Wheeler
Apprentice
Apprentice

GPRM points/Tie Breaker Rules

Post by Wheeler »

Hello I am new to pinewood derby, I have been chosen for Cub Master, this is my first time running a Pine Wood derby and I am learning how to run this new program GPRM. Question can some one explain what the Tie Breakers rules are?

I mean is there four rules A,B,C,D ?
What does Rule (A) Say and so on.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPRM points/Tie Breaker Rules

Post by gpraceman »

Each of the tiebreaker rules are listed on the Standings tab of the Software Settings screen, based on your selection for Race Scoring Method (Times or Points).

There is also a key listed on the Standings tab of the main screen as well as the on the standings reports. If you see a letter next to a place, then look to the key to see which tiebreaker rule was able to break the tie.

Each of the tiebreakers are also explained in the software's help file.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Wheeler
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: GPRM points/Tie Breaker Rules

Post by Wheeler »

Thank you

Honest I did look before posting, if it were a snake it would have bit me not once but five times.

I ran test runs like you suggested in Test Mode I did get better results, I am beginning to feel better about running my first Pinewood derby.

Thank you so much for all the help