Mock/Test races in software with out timmer

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
Watchitgo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mock/Test races in software with out timmer

Post by Watchitgo »

Is there a way to run test/mock races with out a connection to the timer? I am a new user of the GPRM software and I can tell you first hand that it is a quality product. I only wish that there was a way to run test/mock races in the software. I believe that the majority of the GPRM users are in the scouting world which means that the software gets used only a couple of times a year and then boxed up until next PWD season. With such large gaps between use, it is hard for a user to become proficient or for new users to get much experience before they go live in front of the scouts and their families.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mock/Test races in software with out timmer

Post by gpraceman »

Yes, you can easily run mock races.

+ Create yourself a data file to do your testing in. That way you don't have to worry about cleaning out your test data for your actual race.
+ Enter racers
+ Create schedules
+ In the Racing screen, you can use the pop-up menu to turn on the Test Mode
+ For each heat, click on the Manual Results button
+ Click on the Test Data button. This will fill the lanes with simulated results
+ Then save the data
+ Rinse and repeat

At your earliest opportunity, do test out the timer with your software. Out #1 tech support issue is people having timer communications problems, so you do want to allow some time to resolve any problem, if you encounter one.

If you haven’t already, please check out our instructional videos at http://grandprix-software-central.com/gprm/videos.php
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Watchitgo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Mock/Test races in software with out timmer

Post by Watchitgo »

This is exactly what I needed and it was there in front of me the whole time. I will check out the videos as well.
Thanks again.