GPRM v17, UX suggestion

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

GPRM v17, UX suggestion

Post by Vitamin K »

This is minor, since I think most people probably just import from spreadsheets, but...

In the registration screen, when you're entering a racer, it would be nice if, in addition to just a "Save" button, there was a "Save and Add Another" or maybe just an "Add Another" checkbox to tick, so that it would pop open the racer entry for the next racer after saving the current.

I dig how it shows the scoring preferences on the main screen now, btw!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPRM v17, UX suggestion

Post by gpraceman »

Vitamin K wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:56 pm This is minor, since I think most people probably just import from spreadsheets, but...

In the registration screen, when you're entering a racer, it would be nice if, in addition to just a "Save" button, there was a "Save and Add Another" or maybe just an "Add Another" checkbox to tick, so that it would pop open the racer entry for the next racer after saving the current.
Already implemented such a feature in V18, due out in September. When you click on Save, you will be asked if you want to add another racer/award/track record/top time, as the case may be, and if you click on Yes, the form will clear and you can enter the next racer/award/track record/top time. Rinse and repeat.
Vitamin K wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:56 pmI dig how it shows the scoring preferences on the main screen now, btw!
Glad to hear it. I find the racer data totals on the Registration tab to be the most helpful. Not sure why I hadn't thought about adding that many versions back. Redesigning the UI, with V16, made me try to view things from a fresh new perspective.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.