GPRM v17 Not working

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
mrburch171
Apprentice
Apprentice

GPRM v17 Not working

Post by mrburch171 »

I had GPRM v17 working back in May for our Pinewood Derby on a cheap, but new Windows 10 laptop. It was working fine, with no problems. I booted up the laptop for the first time since then, and gave it a while to do it's Windows updates from the previous 6 months. Now the GPRM software won't load. I try to open the program and a shell window opens for a split second, then disappears. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the install file I downloaded back in may with no luck.

Any thoughts?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPRM v17 Not working

Post by gpraceman »

Please do the following:

1. Open up a Command window. With the Windows search feature, enter "cmd" (without the quotes) and press the Enter key. This should open up the Command window.
2. Copy the following line (Ctrl+C), including the quotes, and then paste it into the Command window (Ctrl+V). Then press the Enter key.

Code: Select all

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lisano Enterprises\GrandPrix17"
3. Enter the following line at the prompt and then press the Enter key.

Code: Select all

GrandPrix.exe
4. Take a screenshot of the Command window and email it to support@grandprix-software-central.com. If you are not sure how to take a screenshot, do a web search on "screenshot windows <your windows version#>".
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.