Localhost IP Error when starting race

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
Kaspern83
Apprentice
Apprentice

Localhost IP Error when starting race

Post by Kaspern83 »

Hello, few weeks ago we tried to do our derby but upon starting the race we would get a local host ip communication error. During the test it seemed the sensors worked fine.

I double checked the com port and it matches. We are using serial to usb. We had 2 different laptops and it did the error with both of them. Last year everything worked fine. I took the laptop from last year running on windows 7 and cloned it to a little bit faster one and upgraded it to windows 10. Thank you for any assistance with this.

Here are the pictures of the error. Sorry for the bad quality.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nQHzDLBhRhrGnzRg6/
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Localhost IP Error when starting race

Post by gpraceman »

Are you using GPRM to control RaceReplay or RaceFX? If not, you need to go to the Advanced Software Settings screen and turn off the External Apps Communications. At some point that got enabled.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Kaspern83
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Kaspern83 »

Thank you, I will give that a shot
Kaspern83
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Kaspern83 »

gpraceman wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:35 pm Are you using GPRM to control RaceReplay or RaceFX? If not, you need to go to the Advanced Software Settings screen and turn off the External Apps Communications. At some point that got enabled.
Hi, I finally got around to checking for this option. We are using Grand Prix Race Manager 14 and I do not see advanced option anywhere. We did have selenoid gate enabled and we do not have that option although I would like to add one after we get this sorted so we can finally have our races. I just took this project over as the people from last year are no longer available to help. Thank you for any additional input.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Kaspern83 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:40 pm Hi, I finally got around to checking for this option. We are using Grand Prix Race Manager 14 and I do not see advanced option anywhere.
Version 14 is getting pretty old (released in 2014). Version 22 is the latest version. Go to the Software Settings screen. Then click on the Advanced button in the corner.
Kaspern83 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:40 pm We did have selenoid gate enabled and we do not have that option although I would like to add one after we get this sorted so we can finally have our races.
You only want to enable that if using a solenoid gate that is triggered via the serial port; otherwise, that option should be disabled.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Kaspern83
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Kaspern83 »

gpraceman wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:49 pm
Kaspern83 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:40 pm Hi, I finally got around to checking for this option. We are using Grand Prix Race Manager 14 and I do not see advanced option anywhere.
Version 14 is getting pretty old (released in 2014). Version 22 is the latest version. Go to the Software Settings screen. Then click on the Advanced button in the corner.
Kaspern83 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:40 pm We did have selenoid gate enabled and we do not have that option although I would like to add one after we get this sorted so we can finally have our races.
You only want to enable that if using a solenoid gate that is triggered via the serial port; otherwise, that option should be disabled.
I am going to donate the newest version to the pack as I am going to be in charge of the track from now on. I am going to set this up today and go from there. Thank you for the input.

Also I saw that you have designed an electromagnetic start gate, how do I go about building one of these for out besttrack? Can you assist with that?

Thank you!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Kaspern83 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:58 am Also I saw that you have designed an electromagnetic start gate, how do I go about building one of these for out besttrack? Can you assist with that?
If you are looking to build one:

https://grandprix-race-central.com/inde ... start-gate
Randy Lisano