How short can you make the propellor holder

Anything related to Space Derby racing and event coordination.
TurtlePowered
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

How short can you make the propellor holder

Post by TurtlePowered »

How short can you make the propellor holder? I would think short as possible would be better because the rubber bands would be tighter. Would you run into any problems getting it too close due to the hook rubbing on nose piece or something else?
kwoods
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: How short can you make the propellor holder

Post by kwoods »

Our pack just finished doing its 2nd Space Derby. The shorter the better for the propellor holder...But that is not the most important prop feature.
The most imp't prop feature is that the prop is on correctly with the FLAT end facing out. This is always a big problem at Space Derby. AT our Pack 446 Derby next year we are going to sell our Space Derby kits before hand with the prop's pre-assembled.
Keith Woods
Pack 446 - Scottsdale, AZ
www.scoutingisfun.com
TurtlePowered
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: How short can you make the propellor holder

Post by TurtlePowered »

It looked to me if you went too short you might rub on the nose piece. Maybe my hook was too big. Anyway, our Space Derby is now history. Matthew (my son) won 2 races and lost two. One of his losses was to the ultamate Webloes champ and the other one was a photofinish that one judge ruled a tie, the other ruled the other one won. Oh well. He still ranked around 6th out of around 20.