Interested in regatta

Anything related to Raingutter Regatta racing and event coordination.
Lzzrd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Interested in regatta

Post by Lzzrd »

Our pack is interested in having a regatta, most likely in the fall timeframe. I'm looking for as much info on this as possible. While our pack is nearly 25 years old something happened to it a year or two ago and we may as well be starting over, new leadership, new scouts and a lot of things that need replaced or we just don't have. We're a small pack so far which has been good so far money wise. But we'd really like to make things more fun for the boys and we are trying to recruit more as well. A couple have told me they'd really like to see a regatta, I'm all for it, our other pack never had one and I was always interested. Problem is I'm having a hard time finding info on this. I'd like to know what sort of rules you all have for your packs, I'm seeing some have problems with split hulls, is there a reason behind this? Bascially info on how to set up and run a regatta. I let it leak at our pinewood derby that I was seriously looking into it and didn't forsee any issues having one over the summer or in the fall. Some of our sneaky scouts heard and I don't have the heart to say sorry no now. Plus I'm pretty excited about it myself. LOL. Anyway, I've found one site that had pictures, I think I've got a good idea how to build one (anything I should look out for while doing so would be great though) but all the links to those sites that have rules and such are not working and are all dead links aside from some that, again, have lots of pictures. Thanks for any help on this.
TurtlePowered
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Interested in regatta

Post by TurtlePowered »

I personally don't have a problem with split hulls but the reason behind it is that the split hull designs should tend to be a lot more stable than single hull design. Out pack does not allow the split hull maybe to keep the playing field level and put a little more emphasis on the boys steering the boats. You can find out a lot of info about building boats at http://www.lastufka.net/. Also MaximumVelocity.com has a sister site for reggata.