Flex wedge - pics

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
Sssnake
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Flex wedge - pics

Post by Sssnake »

Finally got the pics up, heres the flex wedge:

.Image

and the hollow body wedge/rail?

the cobra

and the viper x2

Hope I didn't post to many, I'm new at this.
Gavin Chafin
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Flex wedge - pics

Post by Gavin Chafin »

Wow. Some really spectacular cars. I love the idea of the metal plating on the sides. But, I get a feeling that a judge at districts might raise a fuss over it because of the wheel contact area. Anyone think this might create a problem?
ranman106
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ranman106 »

Love it! Love it! Love it! :love: Talk about flash and POP!!! 8) At WWW.GUNBOARDS.COM, firearms with any plating are refered to as pimps. I must say that those are definately PIMP RIDES! :wink:

I bet seeing them race down the track is a sight to behold! :wow:
The Wedge - It's not a doorstop, it's a way of life!
TDean
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by TDean »

Ssssnake -- love the cars man! (though they really shoulda been posted under the Car & Truck Photos heading...) beautiful work! -- Hey, before I posted this -- it was already moved -- thanks Max V!

Gavin said:
I love the idea of the metal plating on the sides. But, I get a feeling that a judge at districts might raise a fuss over it because of the wheel contact area. Anyone think this might create a problem?
From his other post, I believe this is specifically why he used the metal all along the side -- to create a smooth wheel contact surface, while not breaking the bushing/bearing rule (The shiny metal is a "decoration" with a convenient side benefit of providing a slick surface) I don't see how anyone could argue this breaks any rules -- unless the rules were particularly detailed...
TDean
terryep
Merchant
Merchant

Post by terryep »

Very nice Ssssnake! I assume the raised wing is a form of "cheater bar"? Against the rules in our district. :(

Cobra has a small frontal width that would cause me some concern with electronic finish lines, probably not an issue.

X2 might run afoul of the common rule that the entire car must be behind the starting pin. A silly rule. Great way to center your car on the pin.

Terry
Cory
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Cory »

terryep wrote:A silly rule.
On an S-shaped track, it's an advantage to have part of your car ahead of the pins. Many tracks have laser activated starting gates -- if the car projects too far past the starting pins, it might block the laser beam before the race even starts. A slit-like indentation with just the right width would incur friction with the pin -- when the pin pulled down, it would pull the car forward. And believe it or not, to many people an indented nose is a perceived advantage on a "regular" track.

Easier just to say "no indented noses."
terryep
Merchant
Merchant

Post by terryep »

Good points Cory. The finish line light beam should fall into the notch but a crossing start beam would give the advantage to the oponents. (better elapsed time) Best just to paint a line to help center your car...

Terry
Sssnake
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Sssnake »

The x2 car has a flat nose between the snake heads. Its painted gold to match the undercarriage, may be hard to see in the pic. . . . bet ya can't guess where I got the name Sssnake. (Hint see avatar and pics)
terryep
Merchant
Merchant

Post by terryep »

I see the front is flat now that you pount it out. (black below gold)

I don't know a lot about cars... is your avatar a cobra?

Terry
Cory
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Cory »

terryep wrote:...but a crossing start beam would give the advantage to the oponents. (better elapsed time)
Terry
The crossing start beams are suspect to me, even without an indented nose car in the mix.

Some cars just plain start faster than others. If you're in a race with such a car, then the clock starts sooner for you and you'll have a slightly slower time.

Maybe if you have nice, wide pins and the pins could trigger the start. Otherwise, I think a mechanical switch or something might be more fair.
Sssnake
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Sssnake »

'67 Shelby Gt 350 Cobra
TurtlePowered
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by TurtlePowered »

Cool Cars!