ORVC Pack 20 Champ

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
Richard
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: ORVC Pack 20 Champ

Post by Richard »

Stan, :idea:
Here's an Idea. What I have done at our District Race is this. We give out 1 - 3 place trophies 1=17in, 2=15 in, 3=13 in, for each age group. Overall is 1=31 in, 2=28 in, 3=25 in. Here's the kicker, we have a pack championship trophy that is 4 FEET tall. It is a 3 pillar trophy and has 3 platforms on it, the bottom has an eagle with the Cubscout emblem on it, The middle has a crown with the year on it, and the top has a large cup with a Pinewood Derby Car on top. This trophy is given to the pack with the most points combined. I get the trophy for only $50 because I have it made early in the year, then I go to each pack and show off the trophy to get interest going. Then I slip the Cubmaster a card from Creative Awards and tell them what a great deal they made our district on the trophy. It works out great, since they get so many trophy orders from our different packs they charge alot less for each pack. 8) So I think we have a good mix of trophies, plus it adds a team demension to the races. I also believe competition levels are going up this year, each pack wants that trophy and all the old Derby Gurus are turning lose of their secrets to increase their packs chances :P