2013 Lineup

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
Noskills
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: 2013 Lineup

Post by Noskills »

Thanks Bill. Also thanks to FS for any reference to Napolean Dynamite! I was able to look at all the stats on the race and my son had the fastest time but my car was a bit more consistant having the lowest delta between fastest and slowest race. His car was also the fastest to hit the rental track this year (which hosts PWDs over the greater Seattle area). We will likely enter the regional race in the spring.

I appreciate all the input on design and fun awards. We handed out ribbons and certificates for 14 fun categories and I think it made the kids REALLY happy plus more stayed to the end to receive the awards. Next year I plan to beef up the awards to these categories and hope to push the creativity in the pack. I also was able to establish a reputation as a fast builder so will leverage that to host speed clinics. Know that I know what I know I want to share it :idea:

Seth
"Nunchuk skills... bowhunting skills... pinewood derby skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!"
Napoleon Dynamite
rpcarpe
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by rpcarpe »

Great!
Share the knowledge and watch the whole Pack get better.
My wife started a new support group... Widows of the Pinewood Derby.
Topspin.D
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Topspin.D »

We'll I'm doing final prep on 2 new cars that we're going to race tomorrow. Another pack in town is letting us enter cars in their open division ahead of our pack race next week.

Seth, I'm hoping we're going to be fast enough that they invite us to the race you mentioned at the end of the season.

I'll PM you with our best time... if we're respectible ;)