Swiss Army Knife Car

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
ciodude
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Swiss Army Knife Car

Post by ciodude »

Excellent! So what will you do next to top this one? :)
Mr. Steve 316
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Mr. Steve 316 »

We're looking at doing another Big Rig maybe with a car hauler trailer or something to put some of our other vehicles on. We are kicking around a lot of ideas from a Mustang to a Sherman Tank. Can't wait to start another one!
Keep Moving Forward!

Mr. Steve - Pack 316
having_wandered
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by having_wandered »

That is an awesome car knife. I wonder how that falls with "no moving parts" rules? I'd just consider those "movable parts" and not an issue provided they requrie a bit of effort to move. Guess you could throw in a locking pin if you absolutely had to. That'd be hilarious to have a blade "accidently" open going down the track.
~Not all who wander are lost.
Mr. Steve 316
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Mr. Steve 316 »

having_wandered wrote:That is an awesome car knife. I wonder how that falls with "no moving parts" rules? I'd just consider those "movable parts" and not an issue provided they requrie a bit of effort to move. Guess you could throw in a locking pin if you absolutely had to. That'd be hilarious to have a blade "accidently" open going down the track.
We were planning to tape it closed and remove the key ring if it raced. The biggest moving problem is the corkscrew, it will open itself just setting on the shelf. Plus, it is metal so any contact with the track would be a real problem. I think any jolt in the track bend would probably open the blades somewhat. Maybe if we had an early lead, the corkscrew could engage the other car and hold it back. ;)
Keep Moving Forward!

Mr. Steve - Pack 316
TedBull
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by TedBull »

Very cool car. Did you lose the toothpick yet? I always loose the toothpick.
DerbyDash
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by DerbyDash »

Mr. Steve 316 wrote:
having_wandered wrote:That is an awesome car knife. I wonder how that falls with "no moving parts" rules? I'd just consider those "movable parts" and not an issue provided they requrie a bit of effort to move. Guess you could throw in a locking pin if you absolutely had to. That'd be hilarious to have a blade "accidently" open going down the track.
We were planning to tape it closed and remove the key ring if it raced. The biggest moving problem is the corkscrew, it will open itself just setting on the shelf. Plus, it is metal so any contact with the track would be a real problem. I think any jolt in the track bend would probably open the blades somewhat. Maybe if we had an early lead, the corkscrew could engage the other car and hold it back. ;)
All you need is for the knife to come out and cut the competition's car in half...then you can rename the car the executioner. :rofl:

This is one awesome car that is beyond my limited skills. I'm working to get better though. Great car!
Mr. Steve 316
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Mr. Steve 316 »

TedBull wrote:Very cool car. Did you lose the toothpick yet? I always loose the toothpick.
I always lose the toothpick, too. So, I left it out of the build. I planned on painting a square on the face so it would look like it was there, but forgot about it.
Keep Moving Forward!

Mr. Steve - Pack 316