Giant Killer

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
MOFAST
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Giant Killer

Post by MOFAST »

Sorry for the title, just grabbing attention! My son picked the colors, not my first choice, or second, or third. He named the car Scout Racer.
Noskills
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Giant Killer

Post by Noskills »

Looks cool. That one going to the mid America? I am working on my first set of fenders...can't wait to see how they come out.
Seth
"Nunchuk skills... bowhunting skills... pinewood derby skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!"
Napoleon Dynamite
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

I think it's Gorgeous !!!
Is the center section Finished Wood, Monokote, ?
I also liked what happened when I "clicked" on the picture. Pretty clever.
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

Looks really nice, Nice mix of the colors. Hope the giant killer, tames the giant.

Sporty
MOFAST
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by MOFAST »

Center is Tester's Gold Lacquer. Pinstripes is Pinstripe tape. Blue is Krylon Gloss Blue and I HATE IT! Sprayed it with Dupli-color clear coat and it lifted horribly. My original paint job was much better.

This car is one of four entries my family is entering in Mid-America. I am tuning it next Friday and we'll see if it's a contender or not. If not, I'll build another!
Just don't tell my wife!
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

Just a suggestion. On a pinewood derby car, it's best to stay with all lacquer based products. They dry quickly and have a very short "sensitive" stage. For color coats Testors 1 coat cover is probably the best because it covers quickly so you are not building up a lot of weight. Probably any Clearcoat paint could be used, automotive Urethane being the best. I would stay away from all enamels. They seem to cause nothing but heartache.