A few finished projects

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
theredlineboss
Apprentice
Apprentice

A few finished projects

Post by theredlineboss »

Since this year's racing season came to an end, I've been continuing with some projects. I'm hoping to keep myself busy while inspiring my younger brothers :lol: . The first four are fresh builds (yeah, the fourth one is lame), but the rest are old cars that I modified.

-Rob
pgosselin
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: A few finished projects

Post by pgosselin »

I don't think any of them are lame. Nice finish work. Thanks for sharing.

Paul
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by FatSebastian »

theredlineboss wrote:(yeah, the fourth one is lame),
:oops: Well, I was going to say I like the 4th one as its color and side-fins really stand out, but if it's lame I guess I won't to avoid embarrassing myself! ;) :kewlpics:
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Rob,
What can you tell us DT 'ers about this old car..
Image[/url][/quote]

What kit type is this car made from (?)
As I'm seeing some similarities to the rest of the car photos.. I'm also seeing some differences in the wheel type used on this car.

If I were to make a guess on the kit type.. I'd guess it as an alternate RA kit.. :idk:
I've been wrong befor.. so what can you tell us about the kit type.

Mark.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
theredlineboss
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by theredlineboss »

Lol, thanks guys! I picked on the fourth one just because of it being a pinecar kit - I wound up with a kit and was curious what it was like to use. I do like how it looks tho- the colors worked well.

As for the mystery kit: I was kind of puzzled by it at first; the owner had said it was used in an Indian Guides derby. I eventually figured out it is an "Indy Products" kit. Kind of interesting, since the axles are real thick and it uses plastic c-clips to hold the wheels on.

Rob
Last edited by theredlineboss on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

I like the first one, because i think it's been awhile since I seen someone do surf boards on a derby car. The 2nd one just below that first picture. reminds me of a soap box derby car. Which is cool.

Sporty
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

theredlineboss wrote: As for the mystery kit: I was kind of puzzled by it at first; the owner had said it was used in an Indian Guides derby. I eventually figured out it is an "Indy Products" kit. Kind of interesting, since the axles are real thick and it uses plastic c-clips to hold the wheels on.
Rob
Also known as the Indy kit ( by Indy products.)
This kit type used natural or translucent colored wheels black, red & white were available for this kit type also best i can recall.

I think there FASCAR kit is some what different.. as it's designed to run on an edge guided track..
And the kit block is longer.. 10'' by 4.5 wide and the car weighs less the one pound.
Axels 1/4 diam wheels 1 3/4 diam.. Uses the red caps and washers & the white wheels for the FASCAR...

Thanks Rob.. I thought this kit type was interesting also as the..
YMCA Indan Guides, Scouts, Adveture Guides, Shap'N Race & Royal Rangers programs..
All use this kit type from time to time.

Whoda.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?