First in Bears Third in Pack

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
BradyS71
Journeyman
Journeyman

First in Bears Third in Pack

Post by BradyS71 »

Okay all so now there is a brief lull I can post this years derby car. We went with Hawkeye's Arrow (to go with Thor's Hammer, and Captain America's Shield)

Specifics of car, back wheels drilled to ~3 degrees of negative cant
Front wheels drilled straight, left front lifted, right front axel bent to 1.5 degrees and tuned for 3 inches of drift over 4 feet. We went undefeated in the den races and in the final King of the hill race finished inside of the first place car (we finished before his back end).
TXDerbyDad
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: First in Bears Third in Pack

Post by TXDerbyDad »

Very nice!!! I love the car and the execution. My son will be earning his Arrow of Light next year, and I think we may do a similar design for his last car if he's into it. I think it would be a great way to ride off into the Pinewood Derby Sunset!
Scrollsawer
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Scrollsawer »

We're also going for The Arrow of Light next year, so will make an AOL car of some sort.

Scrollsawer
"Laugh a while you can Monkey Boy."
BradyS71
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by BradyS71 »

So the only thing I would suggest is a flatter point. I tried to fix some cutting errors (the boy did most of the cutting) and our car is a bit hard to stage. Also if you go with the fin I used 1/4 plywood and it really needs to be sanded to remove the grain.

But its my second favorite car behind Thor's Hammer.